Monday, March 8, 2010

Priorities

This is the life priority list I penned back in October, and have made very little changes to it since. I keep it at the top of my journal so I see it often. Whenever I need to make a decision, I refer to it and put things in their proper place.

PRIORITIES
     1. God
          a. Scripture
          b. Prayer
          c. Bible Study
          d. Journaling
     2. Husband
          a. Spiritually
          b. Emotionally
          c. Physically
          d. Communication/Decisions
     3. Children
          a. Physically
          b. Spiritually
          c. Emotionally
      4. Home
          a. Laundry
          b. Clutter
          c. Organizing
          d. Cleaning
     5. Close Family
          a. Communication
          b. Witness
         c. Physical/Emotional Support
     6. Close Friends
          a. Communication
          b. Physical Support
     7. Others
          a. Ministry
          b. Evangelism


Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Yes, these are clearly Your priorities for me. I have prayed and thought a lot about it in the past 24 hours. I know they are right and I also found an article referencing some Scriptures and explaining how they apply to a Christian wife and mother (Titus 2:4-5 and 1 Tim. 5:10, 14). http://www.titus2.com/corners/7-03-m.htm ( I wouldn’t say I exactly agree with everything in this article, but it is not completely wrong and is good food for thought.)
Right now I believe the right thing to do is set up a better daily schedule and work toward achieving my priorities daily in their proper order. I can be specific about them if I keep a running list of what falls into each category. I think I’ll put it at the top of my journal so it is always present before me and I can edit it as needed. After I set up a good schedule and begin to work the plan, I will see how much time I have left to begin a blog. I can use part of my journaling time for it, but Scripture, prayer, study and personal journaling must take precedence.
I know God is calling me to minister to others. I eagerly anticipate being able to do it. But He has called me first to be a wife and mother. If it takes the accomplishing the former to enable me to do the latter, then so be it. But I choose not to forsake my husband and family chasing after visions of glory. His Glory is to be found in my daily ministry to my husband and each of my children. When I am diligently seeking to serve them first in their proper order, then I can begin to take time ministering to others. In the meantime, we can share His glory with others by living His model for the family. That in itself is a powerful ministry.
Guide me, Lord, as I seek to live out Your priorities in my life. Guide me in making an organized plan and sustain me with the will and energy to carry it out.

Thus, the blog was put on hold for a while until I was able to get my life in order. I knew He wanted me to start a blog, but I had to put first things first. In retrospect I can see that God was calling me to do exactly that. He used the call and desire to start a blog as a catalyst in my life - a catalyst to get me to work harder and accomplish more in the most important areas of my life. I knew He had also equipped me to accomplish all these things, including the blog. Establishing my List of Priorities was the first step to making it all happen. Establishing a daily schedule was the next step...

Prioritized and Energized,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment